When it comes to social media marketing, Instagram video is one of the most popular and effective content formats. Although nearly 80% of internet traffic is in the form of videos by 2019 and the success of Instagram Stories is another popular example of how effortless video creation and production have become. That is enough definite proof that even micro-videos go a long way in the social media world.
So with the advent of the latest streaming feature, IGTV longer-form videos are back in vogue. But what makes IGTV so exciting apart from being a YouTube answer? Read on further for an overview of the IGTV features, how to start and run an own IGTV account, and some best practice tips for Instagram’s latest video feature.
What is IGTV Video?
IGTV video is an app that can be either stand-alone or in line with Instagram. It’s, in effect, Instagram’s answer to YouTube wherein it’s designed for the mobile-optimised viewing of long-form videos.
Any user can set up their channel and share video content that’s up to an hour-long. The primary factor between IGTV and Stories is that these videos are, on average, several minutes to even hour length.
How to use IGTV Video for your Marketing Campaigns?
Just like any other social strategy, you must be sure of designing videos for the particular demographic you’re marketing to. To this end, you’ll want to have a grasp on what you’re already doing on Instagram and where it’s best serving you. Here are a few guidelines you can take stock of with your use of IGTV:
1) After you post, you can also share your IGTV videos through your other channels, and most importantly, on your Instagram profile.
2) Make sure your videos are minimum15 seconds long but never exceed 10 minutes or more. Based on your product and message, a 3 or 4-minute video is quite a good length to aim for.
3) You may also create a video series and split it into smaller video fragments.
4) Don’t forget to utilise clickable links in the descriptions as is the case with YouTube.
5) If you already know how to use hashtags on Instagram, you can replicate the same for IGTV. However, be strategic. Use only a few relevant ones, and add them as part of the video description for better SEO traction.
How are Brands use IGTV in Campaigns?
Many brands and influencers are already tapping into this easy-to-use long-form video channel making an unbeaten mark. For instance, Vogue USshared a series called “Beauty Secrets,” which features well-known influencers testing makeup products.
Test It Out
IGTV is, in all probability, a valuable platform to at least check if you already have a large Instagram following and your content is video-heavy. With IGTV, we can create content that sticks around as stories are temporary. So, it all depends on what kind of value your brand is getting out of a short versus long-lasting video.